Managing Money, Making An Impact
We believe there are four key characteristics that, when combined together, differentiate American Century Investments® from other investment management firms.
Performance Focused for Nearly 60 Years
- Our investment culture shares the common goal of delivering superior, long-term, risk-adjusted performance.
- This common goal drives a shared commitment to align our investment results with our clients’ expectations.
Pure-Play Business Model
- Investment management is our sole business focus.
- No ancillary businesses compete with our clients or dilute our resources from adding value for our clients.
Privately Controlled and Independent
- Unburdened by quarterly earnings pressure, our ownership structure allows us to maintain a long-term view in the best interests of our clients.
- We take an independent view, guided by our commitment to do the right thing for our clients. This focus on integrity has earned the trust of our clients for 60 years.
Prosper With Purpose™
- Jim Stowers, Jr., the founder of American Century Investments, and his wife Virginia established and endowed the Stowers Institute for Medical Research, a world-class biomedical research organization dedicated to uncovering the causes, treatments and prevention of genetically based diseases, like cancer.
- The Stowers Institute for Medical Research owns a controlling interest in American Century, and through this unique ownership structure, our dividend payments ensure the ongoing support of important work that can improve human health and save lives. Since 2000, those payments have totaled $1.7 billion.
Together we can become a powerful force for good