About American Century Investments – Tournament Title Sponsor
It’s not business as usual at American Century Investments. We believe managing money is personal. And it starts with putting people first and focusing on performance for all our clients: financial advisors, individual investors and institutional clients.
Our client-centric approach began with our founder who believed that if we make people successful, they will make us successful. After 65 years, it’s still how all 1,400+ of us, across eight global offices, judge ourselves today.
We’re also motivated by a purpose that only we have in the investment industry: supporting medical research that has the potential to save lives. For us, it means 40% of our profits go toward finding cures for diseases that touch all of us.
Managing Money, Making An Impact
Our story combines qualities that make us who we are for our clients. And for the world.
- Our investment culture shares the goal of delivering superior, long-term, risk-adjusted performance. And it drives our commitment to align our results with our clients’ expectations.
Pure-Play Business Model
- Investment management is our sole business focus. No other businesses spread us too thin. Or compete with the time we spend investing and working with our clients.
Privately Controlled and Independent
- With no quarterly earnings pressure, we maintain a long-term view in the best interest of our clients. And take an independent view of investing. Ultimately, it’s about doing the right thing.
- After personal experiences with cancer, our founders, Jim and Virginia Stowers, established the Stowers Institute for Medical Research. This world-class biomedical organization is dedicated to uncovering the causes, treatments and prevention of devastating diseases. Like cancer. And Alzheimer’s.
- The Stowers Institute is our controlling owner. Every year we pay dividends to ensure the ongoing support of its critical work to improve human health and save lives. Since 2000, those payments have totaled nearly $2 billion.*
- Our purpose inspires each of us, knowing that the better we do for our clients, the better we do for our world.
*as of 12/31/2022.