Managing Money, Making An ImpactAmerican Century Investments® is a leading asset manager focused on delivering investment results and building long-term client relationships while supporting research that can improve human health and save lives. It’s how we help our clients Prosper With Purpose™.
Performance Focus for Nearly 60 Years
- Founded in 1958 by Jim Stowers, Jr., our investment professionals aim to outperform relevant benchmarks and peer groups using a highly defined, disciplined and repeatable process that emphasizes independent thinking.
- We take an active team-based and risk-adjusted approach to managing equity, fixed income and alternative investments.
- With a global presence, we help clients around the world achieve their goals. We’re headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, with offices in New York City; Mountain View, California; Hong Kong and London.
Pure Play Business Model
- Investment management is our sole focus, which empowers us to align our decisions with client expectations.
- No ancillary businesses compete with our clients or dilute our resources to serve them.
Privately Controlled and Independent
- Our ownership structure allows us to maintain a long-term view in the best interest of our clients—we’re not beholden to quarterly earnings pressure.
- We take an independent view, guided by our commitment to do the right thing for our clients. This focus on integrity has earned the trust of our clients for nearly 60 years.
Prosper With Purpose™
- With their personal fortune, Jim and Virginia Stowers established and endowed the Stowers Institute for Medical Research, a world-class biomedical research organization dedicated to uncovering the causes, treatments and prevention of genetically based diseases, like cancer.
- The Stowers Institute for Medical Research owns a controlling interest in American Century Investments, and through this unique ownership structure, our dividend payments ensure the ongoing support of important work that can improve human health and save lives. Since 2000, those payments have totaled over $1.2 billion.